Tiny tidbits of information from behind the scenes of www.TheBodyBakery.com

Monday, July 21, 2008

Dessert du Jour...Vacation Destination

First of all, I cannot believe that it has been 2 months since my last post! The Summer is just flying by, and we have been so incredibly busy that when the day is over, I cannot muster the strength, or creative energy, to think of anything interesting to write about...until today!

If you are just coming from the site, then you know that we will be closed for vacation from Friday July 25-Monday Aug. 4. What you don't know is where we're headed for an extended period of time and here's where I'll tell you. I'm headed to visit my Sister who lives in Israel.

Now I am guessing that your initial reaction was the same as every other person who I mentioned it to which is shock followed by the question "Aren't you afraid to go there with everything that's been going on?!" And my answer then & now is: "No". The country of Israel is the size of the state of New Jersey. What is shown in the media is happening in the very South-Western tip of the country, far away from where we'll be, which is in Jerusalem.

My Sister, Orly, and her family decided to move there permanently 1 year ago and this will be my 2nd trip there in 20 years. I will be traveling with my Son on his first trans-continental flight as well as my Dad, who has never been there either. It is sure to be a memorable & exhausting journey to a beautiful country so rich in history & religion.

Of course, my wheels are already turning for ideas on how to capture the scents of Israel, so don't be surprised to see a new limited-edition line of fragrances with a more 'etherial' feel to them after I return. It will be my way of 'sharing' my experience with you and perhaps, one day, you will get the chance to visit there too! :-)

Stay Sweet & See you when I return!

Lia Schmoldt

No comments: