Tiny tidbits of information from behind the scenes of www.TheBodyBakery.com

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Dessert du Jour...Cleaning Out My Closet

My Son is 11.5 yrs old and has become completely motivated by money. Every simple task we ask him to do from feeding the dog to taking out the garbage is followed by the same question: "How much do I get paid for doing it?". I don't know if he thinks there's a "Money Tree" growing in the back yard, but if there is, I wish he would tell me where it is!

His school has been on strike for the past week and so while trying to figure out clever ways to trick him into doing chores while making them appealing to him I suggested he clean out his closet (chore) and we can put any of the clothing that no longer fits him on Ebay and he can keep the money (appealing to him $$). Well, you'd think I lit a fire under him by dangling that carrot under his nose! He went flying into his room and started empying out his closet and neatly organizing shirts, sweatshirts, pants, and dress shirts by size. They all went on Ebay (username: thebodybakery) yesterday and some already have bids.

It got me thinking about the importance of getting rid of Bath & Body products that have been sitting around for a long time. A lot of people don't realize that they do have an expiration date and if not used within that time, the scent changes and may go bad and they also run the risk of skin irritation from bacterial contamination. Recently, I came across an OLD item of ours on Ebay that had packaging that we haven't used in atleast 4 years! I immediately contacted the seller and suggested they remove the listing and be more responsible with the items they were selling! I tell customers that our products are best used within 6 months of purchase but they do contain preservatives to extend their shelf life for up to 18 months.

I have started to put a few things on Ebay myself and think that it's a wonderful way to clear out the old and make room for the new, especially right before the holidays! You can make a little extra cash and have some empty shelves for all of the fabulous and exciting gifts you'll be receiving! If you are going to start putting items up for auction, send me your username and, with your permission, I'll post it here for others to check out!

Thursday's Dessert du Jour
Post Old Items on Ebay
Purchase New items to take their place!

Stay Sweet & See You Tomorrow

Lia Schmoldt
Owner/Ebay Username: thebodybakery
www.TheBodyBakery.com

No comments: